Zephyr's Place

As a great astrology book once described my kind as: I am rather like an encyclopedia that has had some of the pages ripped out." Combine that with a the tornado from The Wizard of Oz and the quirkyness of Alice in Wonderland and you might have a vague idea of the natural phenom that I am. I obviously come from quite the family tradition as you will know if you have ANY aquaintance with my family. (:

Friday, May 12, 2006

I need money!

I happen to be living in a slightly neurotic(?) world right now. It is a combination of my own STUFF, and the ever interesting experience of being a beauty student. I knew that by entering a beauty academy I would be stepping into a world where I would have allot less in common with my fellow student then by going directly to a design college (aka sudo-intellectual). I had NO idea exactly how little in common I would have with these people. I am currently going to school with a campus that's majority is going to be the gum chewing hair dresser type. This combined with some interesting clientelle, leaves me with an amzing thirst for my diverse interests. And unfortunately an extremely lack of funds for the previously mentioned. I need MONEY!

On the bright side, I do get to laugh at fond memories of the affore mentioned clients, and at the looks I get when I start putting to use the new vocabulary and phrases I pick up from my favorite murder mystery series, written by Elizabeth Peters about a wonderful character by the name of Amelia Peabody Emerson (or Peabody for short). Everyday after school, lately, I have been retreating to the late victorian period to join my favorite female, feminist, quirky, highly intelligent, detective. If you have not read any of this series please do. It is well written, intelligent, and a great escape.
Post Script:
I also love animal, walking in places where I am ulikely to meet another human, and learning about almost anything. And I have a habit of learning new long, and somewhat hard to use words. lol!

3 Comments:

Blogger MathCogIdiocy said...

Don't we all need money! It's the student's curse. LOL - Aunt Jacqui

5/15/2006 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Harvey said...

Being a guy, I'm somewhat foreign to the concept of a "Beauty Academy". Can you do a post on it?

And - if possible - try to put it in terms that estrogen-impaired folks like me can understand :-)

5/17/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

lol! Sure!

5/23/2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home